The M+W Ethics Line ensures total confidentiality and anonymity for your reporting but also enables you to leave your contact details. So you can choose between the following options:
- “Anonymous” where you don´t need to give any contact details;
- “Partially anonymous” where the personal and contact details provided remain with “Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous” only and
- “Confidential”, where the personal and contact details will be provided also to the M+W Compliance Team.
To choose one of the options above, please state at the beginning of your mail (i.e. as the first sentence of your email), how your report shall be treated, e.g. “Please treat this report confidential.”
If you don´t state anything in regard to anonymity, your email will be handled strictly anonymous.
We encourage you to leave your contact details since this facilitates the investigations of the M+W Compliance Team. Your identity will certainly not be disclosed to anyone who is not in charge with the investigations.
Within 24 hours after submission of your email report, you will receive an email from Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous with the reference number of your incident. We kindly ask you to save this reference number. You will also be asked for the anonymity level you prefer (if not already stated in your email report).
Once feedback from the M+W Compliance Team is available or in the event that additional information is required, (see section 3 below) Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous will contact you via email. Please note that by making use of the email facility, your email address will become known to Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous but not to the M+W Compliance Team, if not explicitly preferred.
Your report will be translated into English (if necessary) and then be provided to the M+W Compliance Team for investigation. The M+W Compliance Team may have further questions on the incident, so they might contact you via Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous by email (see section 2 above).
Therefore, we kindly ask you to check your emails from time to time if there is a respective message from Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous which provides some questions from the M+W Compliance Team in an anonymous way. Please answer this email – the M+W Compliance Team might be dependent on your help and they can only contact you in this way since your email address will not be forwarded to the M+W Compliance Team (if not explicitly preferred).
For further questions regarding email reporting, please contact Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous team directly via email (M+WGroup(at)ethics-line.com) or via telephone by dialing the relevant contact number for your region and select the option to speak to a live operator. The respective telephone numbers are provided in the list in section “Telephone reporting” below.
To make sure that the M+W Compliance Team receives all necessary information, please follow the checklist below and build up your email in accordance with this checklist:
- The protection of personal identity how your report shall be treated, e.g.“Please treat this report confidential.”
- Date and time of the incident.
- A detailed description of the irregularity you have observed.
- Was there any exchange of money, gifts or entertainment?
- The physical address where the irregularity occurred.
- Name(s) of the people involved.
- Do you have any evidence (documents, invoices, bank statements, purchase orders, etc.)? If possible, please attach such items to your mail.
- Are there any witnesses?
Please provide as much details as possible. It supports us in the investigation. Thank you.